Super DIRTcar Series returns to Malta for July 30 conclusion of Brett Hearn’s ‘The Big Show 6’
Albany-Saratoga Speedway to showcase two Big Block Modified features for ‘The Big Show’ makeup date
MALTA, N.Y. — July 17, 2014 — For the highly anticipated conclusion of Brett Hearn’s ‘The Big Show 6’ presented by Recovery Sports Grill, Ferris Industries, and VP Race Fuels, Albany-Saratoga Speedway will feature not just one, but two Big Block Modified races Wednesday, July 30.
“We considered a number of options to round out the show that night,” said Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified driver and ‘The Big Show’ event promoter Brett Hearn. “We didn’t want to bring fans all the way out just to see one feature race, and we didn’t want to bring all the series teams back a second time for a single paycheck, so we added a second Big Block Modified show.”
The original running of Brett Hearn’s ‘The Big Show 6,’ scheduled for Tuesday, July 8, was nearing completion when inclement weather moved into the speedway with the last feature of the night on the track. Officials called the Big Block Modifieds of the Super DIRTcar Series off the track with 11 laps of the 100-lap race complete.
Racing Wednesday, July 30, will kick off with the conclusion of this $10,000-to-win feature from lap 11, with Justin Haers aiming to keep his lead over Billy Decker and Danny Johnson. After the Super DIRTcar Series victor is crowned, the Big Block Modifieds will return to the track for a 35-lap show.
“This will be an all-star 35-lapper,” said Hearn. “It’s open to anyone who wants to participate. It’s going to be a great opportunity for Malta’s regular Friday night racers to be part of the event, and a great potential bonus for the series guys making the haul.”
The 35-lap, $2,000-to-win Big Block Modified show will run according to standard Albany-Saratoga Speedway rules. Drivers who participate will be eligible for home track show-up points at Albany-Saratoga.
General admission tickets for the second round of Brett Hearn’s “The Big Show 6” presented by Recovery Sports Grill, Ferris Industries, and VP Race Fuels, are just $10 each for adults or $2 for children under 12. Grandstand gates open at 5 p.m. and pit gates open at 4 p.m. with hot laps scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. For more information about the Super DIRTcar Series, visit superdirtcarseries.com . For more information about Albany-Saratoga Speedway, visit albany-saratogaspeedway.com/ .
AT A GLANCE
Brett Hearn’s The Big Show 6 Presented by Recovery Sports Grill, Ferris & VP Race Fuels
DATE: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 (postponed from Tuesday, July 8)
TIME: Grandstand gates open at 5 p.m. and pit gates open at 4 p.m.; hot laps begin at 6:30 p.m.
DIVISIONS: Super DIRTCAR Series (100 laps), plus additional Big Block Modified Show (35 laps)
LOCATION: Albany-Saratoga Speedway, 2671 U.S Route 9, Ballston Spa, N.Y.
ABOUT THE TRACK: 4/10 mile oval
Super DIRTcar Series A-Main Running Order, as of lap 11:
1. 3 Justin Haers – Phelps, N.Y.
2. 91 Billy Decker – Sidney, N.Y.
3. 27J Danny Johnson – Rochester, N.Y.
4. 18B Bodie Bellinger – Johnstown, N.Y.
5. TEN Billy VanInwegen – Sparrowbush, N.Y.
6. 1wcg Stewart Friesen – Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
7. 2rj Ronnie Johnson – Duanesburg, N.Y.
8. 7z Erick Rudolph – Ransomville, N.Y.
9. 9h Matt Sheppard – Waterloo, N.Y.
10. 66 Duane Howard – Oley, Penn.
11. 14b Pete Britten – Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
12. 8c Jimmy Cottrell – Rock City Falls, N.Y.
13. 20 Brett Hearn – Sussex, N.J.
14. 98h Jimmy Phelps – Baldwinsville, N.Y.
15. 4* Tim McCreadie – Watertown, N.Y.
16. 74m Matt Billings – Brockville, Ontario, Canada
17. 3J Marc Johnson – Guilderland, N.Y.
18. 8 Rich Scagliotta – Hillsborough, N.J.
19. 49 Billy Dunn – Watertown, N.Y.
20. 115 Kenny Tremont – West Sand Lake, N.Y.
21. 99L Larry Wight – Altmar, N.Y.
22. 41 Jim Davis – Ballston Spa, N.Y.
23. 3 Mark Kislowski – Ballston Spa, N.Y.
24. 678 Gary Tomkins – Clifton Springs, N.Y.
25. 1j Bobby Varin – Johnstown, N.Y.
26. 43 Keith Flach – Ravena, N.Y.
27. 35 Mike Perrotte – Plattsburgh, N.Y.
28. 42p Pat Ward – Genoa, N.Y.
29. 5* Tyler Siri – Watkins Glen, N.Y.
30. 17E Elmo Reckner – Ballston Lake, N.Y.
The Super DIRTcar Series and DIRTcar Racing in the Northeast Region is brought to fans by several sponsors and partners including Hoosier Racing Tire, VP Racing Fuels, Chevy Performance Parts, NAPA Auto Parts, Safety-Kleen, and Velocita USA. Contingency partners include the University of Northwestern Ohio, ASI, Bicknell Racing Products, Bilstein Shocks, Brodix, ButlerBuilt, Cometic Gasket, Comp Cams, Edelbrock, Integra Shocks, Intercomp, JE Pistons, JRI Shocks, KSE Racing Products, Motorsports Safety Systems, MSD LLC, Fox Shocks, Racing Electronics, Superflow and Wrisco Industries.